The Manitoba System

Engineering and Geoscience are regulated professions in Canada. Each province and territory has its own regulator and membership requirements. Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba is the regulator in Manitoba.

Getting Registered In Manitoba

If you are an internationally-trained engineer or geoscientist who has completed an appropriate post-secondary program (typically bachelor's degree) and who wishes to practice engineering or geoscience in Manitoba, you will be legally required to become registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.

This means that even though you have a university degree in engineering or geoscience, and you may have worked as an engineer or geoscientist in another country, you may not call yourself a professional engineer or professional geoscientist in Manitoba until you have become registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba. You may also not take responsibility for engineering or geoscience work until you have become licensed with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.

Complete these tasks before you begin:


Ensure that you can immigrate to Manitoba. Manitoba residency is a requirement. You will be asked to provide proof of Manitoba residency. Alternatively, you may provide the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) "Confirmation of Nomination" which indicates you will be settling in Manitoba.

English Proficiency

Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba's language requirements.

Financial Help

Apply for financial help.

Credential Authentication

How to order your WES Document-by-Document (ICAP) (PDF)

Application for Admission

Apply for an academic assessment.