Pakistan Members Chapter
Assalam-O-Alaikum everyone (may peace be with you),
Pakistan is a beautiful country located in South Asia. According to the Fact File, in addition to one of the world's highest mountain peaks and oldest civilizations, Pakistan has the world's seventh largest collection of scientists and engineers.
The objectives of the Chapter are to:
- Encourage registration and licensing of interns affiliated with this Chapter
- Promote, and engage in programs, functions and activities that will contribute to the professional development of its member affiliates
- Promote the 30 by 30 initiative within the Pakistani community of Manitoba
- Provide financial assistance in the form of awards and bursaries to engineering and geosciences students enrolled in post-secondary institutions in Manitoba
- Establish a registry of professional engineers (P.Eng.), professional geoscientists (P.Geo.), and interns (EIT or GIT) with a Pakistani background within Manitoba
- Encourage those community members who have made Manitoba their new home, and already have an engineering or geosciences degree from outside of Canada, but are not currently practising their profession due to the accreditation process, to go through the accreditation process with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba so that they can practice their professions in Manitoba.
Fill out the chapter membership form (Google) (there is no fee to become a member).
- Full Membership: To qualify for full membership, an individual must be registered as a professional engineer, professional geoscientist, or an intern with the Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba. Full members will have voting privileges.
- Student Membership: To qualify for student membership, an individual must be actively pursuing bachelors, masters or PhD degree in engineering or geosciences in Manitoba, or has completed bachelors, masters, or PhD degree in engineering or geosciences from outside of Manitoba or Canada, and is working towards becoming an intern with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (IEEQ, courses in lieu, fundamental of engineering exam, interview, or confirmatory exams). An intern or professional member with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba who is pursuing masters or PhD degree is eligible for full membership.
- Associate Membership: An individual who does not have an engineering or geosciences related background is eligible for this category of membership. To qualify, an individual must be a resident of Manitoba, but does not need to be registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
Please also select "Pakistan Members Chapter" under Your Chapter Affiliation in the preferences in your Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba online profile.
Search the Events calendar.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org